Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Tagged ! Book baton

I have been tagged. Passed to me by Becky at pith , marrow, and coffee spoons

While filling this out, I realized, I haven't read much in a long time. Or bought many. This is sad. There was a time when I was the only bookworm in all neighbourhod. I read books, newspaper, mag and even the film end credits and fine print on music cassettes.

Graduation and job-hunting phase made me go through all the theory-vs-practical doubt phase and I gave up books totally. But once I settled down, I realized books are the perfect things I need and we were back together. But lately I have been reading only magazines and blogs. Maybe I am temporarily off the books, as am busy with 100 other things. Anyway, definitely need to take some corrective action now.

Am not very experimental and have stuck to classics or books I know most about (sometimes even the endings!).

Number of Books on the Shelves:
200 odd. All fiction and non-fiction ones were bought by me and the technical ones are my hubby's collection. I stuck to the bare basic tech books.

Last Book Purchased:

  • Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince - by J K Rowling. Have linked it to my review.
  • Blink : The Power of Thinking Without Thinking - by Malcolm Gladwell

    Currently Reading:
  • Blink : The Power of Thinking Without Thinking - It’s a good one really. I now feel vindicated for all the instant decisions I have made :)
  • HitchHikers - Ah Gwad, when will I finish it ? I am trying to read it since January. But no worry - I know the day will come.

    Last 5 Books Read:
  • Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince - by J K Rowling
  • State of Fear - by Micheal Crichton
  • Deception Point - by Dan Brown
  • Da Vinci Code - by Dan Brown
  • The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

    Have linked them to my reviews.

    Meaningful Books:
    Meaningful only in igniting my mind.
  • Internetworking with TCP/IP, Vol I, II, III - By David L. Stevens & Douglas E. Comer
  • Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen. All time favorite. Because I love the book, I endup liking all film versions of it. Regardless of any demerits in the movie.
  • The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas - very huge, very detailed, humorous and profund stuff too.
  • To Kill a Mockingbird - By Harper Lee - reminded me of my good times :)
  • Sherlock Holmes Series - By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - for children. To develop lateral thinking.

    Adding my own question:
    Books on my 'To Read' list:
  • No Logo - Noami Klien
  • Sideways - by Rex Pickett
  • Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television - by Jerry Mander
  • Polite Lies: On Being a Woman Caught Between Cultures - by Kyoko Mori
  • In the Absence of the Sacred- The Failure of Technology and the Survival of the Indian Nations - by Jerry Mander
  • Bridget Jones Diary
  • Fried Green Tomatoes - because everytime I hear this name, I feel hungry. Want to see what the book is about.
  • Mrs Dalloway - by Virginia Woolf
  • The Hours - by Michael Cunningham.

    Almost everyone I know has been tagged this a long back. But I am passing the baton on to: Haribol and Ftz. And everyone is free to tag along from here.
  • 2 comments:

    Roba said...

    Wow cool list.. so what did you think of the last harry potter book?

    AfricaBleu said...

    Ah, yes, Bridget Jones - a true classic - I love that book. Also the sequel, "The Edge of Reason."

    Good luck with Mrs. Dalloway - I have picked that thing up about 4,000 times and gotten as far as the first three pages. As a person with a degree in English, pursuing a Masters in English Lit, it is to my eternal shame that I can't get into it - if you read it, will you tell me how it ends? ;)

    Post a Comment