Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Women Run The Cities - 2014 - Race Recap

I don't remember where I first heard about Women Run the Cities, but I liked that it was a Women only race and wanted to try it. It was not my favorite Half-Marathon, but it had a reasonable fee.

 Last Sunday of September was still pleasant beginning of Fall weather. My outfit was perfect for the 64F morning. Race route was starting from Minnehaha Falls park and on the road along the Missisippi river and back. I so wish I had carried my iPod for pictures. But all my summer races without jacket are without any route pictures. I did not train to run with the shoulder patch or belt to carry the iPod.


I finished at 2:09 hours. It was nice and sunny by then. Later spent a few hours in the park with family and taking picures.

The half zip jacket and medal was super-cool. I see myself using it in lot of other workout sessions.


All arrangements were awesome good - packet-pickup, food, water-stops, medals, enthusiatic and helpful volunteers. Only thing they can improve is their website. there is some issue with the way it loads on browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment