Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rock-On

Am loving those Rock On !! songs.

Not a hard core fan of rock, nor am knowledgable in any technicalities of music. I did have a Metallica phase in life. But for me ignorance is bliss, and I simbly enjoy the sounds of music.

In that context, Rock-on songs are simply growing on me, each time I hear them on the radio. It's great to sing along and feel as free as a teen singing hoarse, without tune, without a worry of how it sounds. There is always some beauty in listening to an unpolished voice. Otherwise SaReGaMa & VOI wouldn't be such a hit.

My all time favorite instrument in Rock are Drums. I have never played the real ones, just stuck to tapping on the metallic tables in my classroom. I like the beat. That makes the song catchy.

All the usual suspects of rock are here. Drums, guitar strumming, screeching, chorus. Ah maybe all this is purist and no corruption. That's why it sounds all well. Lyrics, for someone so in love with words, I dont care a damn about any song lyrics. But amazingly this one had Hindi/Urdu lyrics. No English or Hinglish or Rap. And it made some sense too !

Check out the drums in "Socha Hai". And the good old style video of "Pichale Saat Dinon Mein".

Rock-On!!


About the movie:

  • Luvred Farhan's singing

  • But his wife & his new life was too Hollywoodish. But chalega.

  • Film ka music acha, bahut acha, toh sab acha.

  • Good to see Luke Kenny in a Hindi movie. I mean the MTV guy was never seen around. And such good Hindi diction (hope its not dubbing).

  • Debbie, come on, who wouldn't be grumpy bearing those responsibilities for so many years ? Thankfully no one was the spacegoat and no blame game.

  • And how did the director convince these guys to chop off their hair ? Luke Kenny, I always pictured him with those silky tresses. Farhan, thanks to his TV appeareances always had those curls. And they went ahead & chopped them off ? Too much.

  • That way this movie could be a study, for it's screenplay and production management.

  • Movie ended well. That's what matters.

  • Btw, after watching this movie, I Heart Arjun Rampal.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment