Friday, December 31, 2021

Running Report for 2021

I got in my miles this year in Minnesota & Georgia this year. 

There are 14 miles in Jan-21 but it doesn't show up in the Garmin report. Garmin doesn't show mileage by calendar year. These 443 miles are less than 2020 mileage but in line with my past many years.

State park walks in Utah during Spring Break don't count as running; but it is part of my fitness report.

My only Minnesota race was the Plymouth 5K 2021. This one was very fun. My kid & few neighbor friends & few kids signed up. It was fun competing with each other and bets on winnng & losing among ourselves.

And my only Georgia race was in Oct - Alpharetta Women's Half Marathon 2021. Also my first one outside Minnesota.

My first time running in Georgia started in August-September. 

August is when we moved from MN to GA and for run mileage, there is a dip. Mileage picked up in Sep & Oct. The weather was definitely not cooler, humidity was noticeable. And it rained every few days, cooling the whole place down. The only thing to get used to was the steep inclines & declines. 

And then in Nov, when I stepped out one morning dressed up as usual, and got a shock of my life. Its was freaking cold. Shock is because I was lulled into warmth and imagined it never goes below 60 in GA ! High expectations yes. But it did and I took a few weeks to get used to it - mainly questioning my decision to move. Mileage picked up decently for holiday months. 



All of my yearly Run Reports are here.

Wish you all a very Happy & Prosperous New Year !

No comments:

Post a Comment