Thursday, December 31, 2020

Running Report for 2020

 What a year for running !

We were locked up home starting March-April. And thankfully the weather gods showed mercy on Minnesota and opened up Spring in April itself. With great weather, outdoor trails were the only blessing. Everyone followed social-distancing and even the new etiquette of side-stepping off the trail to grass, whenever someone approached.


And no commute time meant an extra hour in the evenings. For both reasons I managed to get more outdoor runs then ever before. I checked and my previous years mileage on Garmin is nothing close to this years. Overall mileage of 554 miles plus minuscule  on treadmill.


Among in-person races, I only did the one in January. Securian Half 2020 turned out to be my one & only in-person race. I never imagined that would be the case, when I finished it badly and vowed to retire from winter-half races. Starting March, all races turned virtual. I did not have the discipline to do virtual races, so just stuck to my regular outdoor runs. 


Only other virtual I did was Hindu Mandir Thanksgiving 5K. I ran it in Texas.



All of my yearly Run Reports are here.

Wish you all a very Happy & Prosperous New Year !

No comments:

Post a Comment