Saturday, May 4, 2019

Avenger Endgame emotions

Franchises (in its true sense) are truly powerful thing the creative world came up with. I have always been a fan & will continue to be so. Why end something, when the story is not over ? We want to know more.

When Infinity War launched and I read some spoiler, which said Spiderman dies in it, that was enough for me. I did not watch it. Plus I did not know about the whole plot of Avengers movies & Marvel universe on the whole ending soon. I stayed away, but my kids watched it. And internet made sure I saw the pics where the characters fade away in dots. Ew.

Anyway when the time for Endgame came, and internet informed me, that this was a last movie tie-ing up the 22 movies (I did not know!) of Marvel Universe, I wasted no time in buying tickets and seeing the earliest show possible.

Looking at it, so many things are ending this year - Marvel Universe - Iron Man atleast, GOT, Big Bang Theory ...... Its bringing out a collective emotional response across media.

Three-fourth of the movie was build-up with multiple time-travelling. It was interesting for someone  who like references to other individual movies (aka me). But the most enchanting part was the last part of final war. It was reminiscent of epic level Gods & Rakshas wars. I got goosebumps (like the makers intended) when Captain America whispers "Assemble".

Girl Power moment was a visual treat even if lasted a few seconds. When you have so many of powerful characters, it makes sense to assemble them in a single frame and carry on a task of single purpose. I looked around, & did not find a pic. This blurry thing is the only one I could capture.
Girl Power moment in Avengers Endgame

The most striking thing about Avengers End-game was the parallel with Hindu stories. During a low point, when Caption Marvel comes to the rescue and changes the equation, it was totally entrance of Durga during the big war between the Gods & Rakshasas.

Marvel, DC & Star Wars are American mythology in progress, and we are witness to its creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment