Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Lux for Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan in petal bathAfter 75 years of using almost every actress for their advertisements, they have Shah Rukh Khan now. Finally (and I think definitely), they are going to sell more soaps now ! I am yet to see the actual ad, so I will reserve my comment on it.

Bollywood's beau smells of roses

Khan was keen to appear in the ad
Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has ventured where no male Indian film actor has before - a bathtub filled with rose petals for a soap advert.

But SRK says, he is not the first guy to do the Lux ad. Well, but in India, he is. I liked his explanation of why this is no big deal?

Not for Shah Rukh

Shah Rukh has made headlines for his Lux ad -- a first for a male celebrity. "Not true," SRK corrects. "Before me, Paul Newman had done the Lux ad.....
....Actually, all my favourite heroines have done the ad. Lux has traditionally been considered a woman's soap. But I can't remember a time when it hasn't a been a part of Indian households, for a male or female.

5 comments:

AfricaBleu said...

Prithi - you're KILLING me, girl! As I needed MORE reasons to long for "King Khan" - now I know he smells good, too?

Aaargh! More cold drinks for me... :)

SlushTurtle said...

Yum, yum.

Prithi Shetty said...

Becky. SlushTurtle. Deep breath.

I finally saw the ad. It was nothing as sleazy as it was made out to be. Just decent enough. SRK is lolling around in bathtub with a sober commentary on Lux and intro to the leading ladies - Hema, Juhi, Kareena & Sridevi. From this point, its just Lux, Lux & more of Lux. Bah. Not enough SRK. Only the ending has a bit of naughtiness when, with trademark glint in his eyes, he impishly takes a dig at H, J, K & S. "When Lux needed a real superstar, I said 'Main Hoon na'". And they douse him in tub.

Nah, this was bad - maybe I should look for the ad video.

Prithi Shetty said...

The more I see this ad, the more I like it. There was also a scene of SRK in bathtub in Asoka. Pretty much the same. (Cant understand what the -ve fuss is all about).

HOTWINTER said...

I liked the add very much. Ya Asoka had SRK in a bathtub scene but then he was covered with mud for purification and now he is covered with Lux. this is only the difference. Rest all is same. Ha Ha.

I liked Priti's association of this add with Asoka's bath tub scene... Yoy really have good noticing power...
I liked it.

Post a Comment